Do you want to join a rapidly expanding company?
Do you require sponsorship for a visa? If you do, it’s not a problem for our client.
Have you worked on the development and design of large-scale solar plants for at least three years?
If yes, please read on!
The Solar Development Engineer will be responsible for all technical aspects of solar project development (including associated storage components) and execution including management of technical consultants, procurement, construction and operations contract development (including MSA, EPC, O&M, and interconnection agreements), financial model technical inputs, permitting support, local utility and roadwork coordination, and all relevant technical and commercial input required to successfully develop and finance utility-scale solar power projects. Core duties will include:
- Development of Plant Performance Estimates – Work with OEMs, Owner’s Engineers, AP’s Construction team and EPC Contractors to develop plant performance for use in the interconnection process, RFP proposals, permitting and the financial model, including a strong familiarity with PVSyst;
- Interconnection Process – Develop all technical inputs in support of a project’s initial Interconnection Request and subsequent studies conducted by the regional ISO; Develop all technical inputs and support field walk requirements in support of a project’s construction water supply, construction/permanent power, and telecommunications interconnections.
- Infrastructure Requirements Evaluation – Work closely with the Project Manager to determine all feasible options for required project infrastructure, including electrical interconnection, telecommunications, water wells or pipelines, and road/access improvements.
- Development of Site Drawings – Develop with the Owner’s Engineer all site and interconnection facility layouts, grading plans, Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans, elevations, and other drawings necessary for project development and permitting.
Essential Skills/ Experience:
- 3 years’ experience with development and design of large-scale solar plants
- 3-7 years renewables
- Would entertain utility if not large scale solar
- C&I experience would work
Perks of the role:
- Excellent pay and bonus structure
- Opportunity to work for a rapidly growing company
- Hybrid Schedule