Are you an electrical engineer with at least five years of experience in the utility-scale solar EPC industry?
Are you intrigued by the prospect of working in one of the fastest-growing sectors of the solar EPC industry?
Are you someone who has managed large teams of engineers in the past?
Are you excited about the prospect of a fantastic commission structure of up to 35% per year?
If yes, please read on!
The position will be based in New Jersey/New York. Ideally you would be working from the office, however for the right candidate remote options will be considered.
- Manage, assign and oversee engineering (Eng) department staff and deliverables, both internal and 3rd party, under quality and cost controlled, and time sensitive conditions
- Set up internal and external communications as they pertain to the project’s Eng in collaboration with VP Project Management and Stakeholder interface
- Collaborate and participate with the Operations Department to deliver assets per contract, on schedule, at or better than budget, in the highest quality manner
- Review and assist Project Management in writing scopes of work as requested
- Become familiar with relevant state, county, city, and utility codes, procedures, regulations, and interconnection requirements pertinent to projects
- Coordination with Project Management of all necessary Eng inspections with federal, state and local agencies
- Responsible for all permitting applications through State and Federal government agencies, submitting and obtaining building permits from Townships. Liaise and manage relationships with governmental, environmental as well as engineering firms and consultants to prepare all necessary documentation for presentation to the proper authorities in order to obtain permits and licenses
- Implement all Eng corrective actions scope of work and issue work orders to Subcontractors
- Oversee all outsourced design Engineering work - Structural, Electrical and Civil Engineering - and insure all Federal and state code requirements are met, safety, and contractual obligations are met and implemented into design
- Create 3rd party Eng service comprehensive body of vendors and partners to utilize for breadth of scope
- Perform 3rd party QA/QC inspection reporting review, consultation, and corrections to vendors
- Review and redline all internal and 3rd party Engineering work
- Responsible for assisting with the training of Stakeholders on newly installed systems with proper shut down and start up procedures
Essential Skills/ Experience:
- Managing a team within EPC, 7+ years doing so
- Worked on massive utility projects 100+MW
- 5 years construction general contracting / trade background
Perks of the role:
- Opportunity to grow with the company
- Working on some exciting projects